Casting Trunnion Ball Valve
Cast Steel Trunnion mounted ball valves allow easy and smooth operation at high line pressure. Carefully aligned bearings assist low torque operation. The ball is fixed in position but free to turn. All Casted Trunnion Ball Valves manufactured by Vatac are with reliable high quality castings and fire safe design certified according to BS 6755, API607 & API 6FA. Meet all applicable ASME standards.
How Does A Casting Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Work?
- In the closed position, the ball is pressed against the seat by the mechanical of the stem.
- When the handwheel is turned counterclockwise, the valve stem moves in the opposite direction, and its bottom angular flat makes the ball disengage from the valve seat.
- The stem continues to lift and interacts with the guide pin in the stem’s helical groove, causing the ball to begin to rotate without friction.
- Until it reaches the fully open position, the valve stem is lifted to the limit position, and the ball rotates to the fully open position.
- When closed, turn the handwheel clockwise, the valve stem starts to descend and the ball leaves the valve seat and starts to rotate.
- Continue to rotate the handwheel, the valve stem is acted by the guide pin embedded in the upper spiral groove, so that the valve stem and the ball rotate 90° at the same time.
- Just before closing, the ball has rotated 90° without making contact with the seat.
- During the last few turns of the handwheel, the angular plane at the bottom of the valve stem mechanically wedges the ball to press it tightly against the valve seat to achieve a complete seal.
Casting Trunnion Mounted Ball Valve Structural Features
- Open and close without friction. This function completely solves the problem that the traditional valve affects the sealing due to the friction between the sealing surfaces.
- Top-loading structure. The valve installed on the pipeline can be directly inspected and maintained online, which can effectively reduce the shutdown of the device and reduce the cost.
- Single valve seat design. It eliminates the problem that the medium in the cavity of the valve affects the safety of use due to abnormal pressure increase.
- Low torque design. The specially designed valve stem can be easily opened and closed with only a small handwheel valve.
- Wedge-shaped sealing structure. The valve relies on the mechanical force provided by the valve stem to press the ball wedge onto the valve seat to seal, so that the sealing performance of the valve is not affected by the change of pipeline pressure difference, and the sealing performance is reliably guaranteed under various working conditions.
- Self-cleaning structure of sealing surface. When the ball is tilted away from the valve seat, the fluid in the pipeline passes 360° evenly along the sealing surface of the ball, which not only eliminates the local scouring of the valve seat by the high-speed fluid, but also washes away the accumulation on the sealing surface to achieve the purpose of self-cleaning .
- 3-Way L Port Ball Valve
- Full-Welding Ball Valve
- V-Notch Valve
- Undergroud Ball Valve
- Top Entry Ball Valve
- Thread Ball Valve
- Soft Sealing Ball Valve
- Side Entry Ball Valve
- Metal Sealing Ball Valve
- Forged Trunnion Ball Valve
- 3-Way T Port Ball Valve
- Forged Floating Ball Valve
- Flange Type Segment Ball Valve
- Double Block and Bleed Valve
- Casting Trunnion Ball Valve
- Casting Floating Ball Valve
- Bronze Ball Valve
- 4-Way Ball Valve
- Wafer Type Segment Ball Valve
- Centerline Lug Type Butterfly Valve
- Centerline Wafer Type Butterfly Valve
- Double Eccentric Butterfly Valves
- High Performance Butterfly Valve
- Lined Butterfly Valve
- Resilient Seated Butterfly Valve
- Triple Eccentric Butterfly Valves
- Bronze Check Valve
- Butt Welding Check Valve
- Casting Check Valve
- Dual Plate Check Valve
- Forged Check Valve
- Globe Check Valve
- Lift Check Valve
- Pressure Self-Sealing Check Valve
- Socket Welding Check Valve
- Swing Check Valve
- Thread Check Valve
- Wafer Check Valve
- Electric Actuator Ball Valve
- Electric Actuator Butterfly Valve
- Electric Actuator Gate Valve
- Electric Actuator Globe Valve
- Gas Over Oil Actuator Ball Valve
- Linear Control Valve
- Pneumatic Actuator Ball Valve
- Pneumatic Actuator Butterfly Valve
- Pneumatic Actuator Gate Valve
- Pneumatic Actuator Globe Valve
- Cryogenic Ball Valve
- Cryogenic Check Valve
- Cryogenic Gate Valve
- Cryogenic Globe Valve
- Bellow Gate Valve
- Bidirectional Knife Gate Valve
- Bronze Gate Valve
- Butt Welding Gate Valve
- Casting Wedge Gate Valve
- Forged Wedge Gate Valve
- Knife Gate Valve
- Parallel Slide Gate Valve
- Pressure Self-Sealing Gate Valve
- Socket Welding Gate Valve
- Thread Gate Valve
- Through Conduit Knife Gate Valve
- Angle Type Globe Valve
- Bellow Globe Valve
- BS 1873 Globe Valve
- Butt Welding Globe Valve
- Casting Globe Valve
- Forged Globe Valve
- Pressure Self-Sealing Globe Valve
- Socket Welding Globe Valve
- Thread Globe Valve
- Plug Valve
- High Performance Steam Safety Valve
- Jacketed Safety Relief Valves
- Pilot Operated Safety Valve
- Spring Load Safety Valve
- Basket Strainer
- Cast Iron Y Strainer
- Thread Y Strainer
- Y Strainer